Schedule of Events:
Day 1: Assemble and Test Electronics
Lecture: Instructor will lead a discussion based on the schematics and code for the robot. Students will understand the block diagrams of the robot.
- Setting up the Arduino DUE and Loading Source Code
- Assemble and test the Remote
- Complete wiring and connectorization of main harness
- Test operation of Motors
Day 2: Mechanical Assembly
Lecture: The lecture is focused on how the mechanical parts of the robot work and how they are assembled. Students will understand how to assemble and disassemble the robot for repairs.
- Assemble chassis and mount motors
- Assemble wheels and tracks
- Install wiring harness and electronics
Day 3: Test and Troubleshooting
Lecture: This lecture will cover the various faults that a user may encounter and methods to troubleshoot and repair those faults.
- Faulty Motor Controller Lab
- Replacing Wheels and Tracks Lab
- Robot Rodeo- Drivers ED for the bot
- Four Robot Kits
- Four Remote Controls
- Four Tool Kits
- Four Spare Parts and Replacement Kits